Journey Back To ISD

Two years ago, I arrived in Dakar for the first time. I was scared, I didn’t know what to expect but I thought it shouldn’t be that bad since it’s my hometown right, so that’s how I entered ISD for the first time in my life. A year later, I couldn’t get enough of this place. Everything was so amazing. The activities were constantly fun, the school dances were always LIT!!! I felt like I was exactly where I should be. Another year went by, but that year wasn’t like the others. That year, my parents told me we were moving, in my mind I was saying ‘not again, I finally found a place I can truly call my home’. We moved to Belgium. I was always sad and unhappy, nothing felt right to me. The first year, I could deal with it but I was never truly happy. The next year, I had enough and I told my parents that I needed to go back to my home. I begged, I pleaded. They could see negative change in me and they realized that it was because I did suffer from the move. This summer of 2k16 we spent it finding homes and re-admitting me back into the school. Now I am back at ISD and I am happier than ever

4 thoughts on “Journey Back To ISD

1. Jagga,

I can reassure you, we are all so happy you came back. You bring such a nice fresh air of positivity with you, it’s practically a blessing. On top of that, you’re beautiful inside and out.

Jenn

2. Jagga,

This is such an amazing story. I am sure it was really hard for you in Belgium but like Jennifer said we were all happy to see you again. I also feel the same because I used to be in a french school but I had to go in ISD and it was really hard for me to be integrated. Now, everything is okay!!

Johanna

1. I am so glad things got better for you as well. Nothing is more important than feeling good about your life and where you live. <3